City of Joliet issued the following announcement on Sept. 28.
Funds are available to assist income-eligible households with their winter utility bills and furnace assistance through the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
Applications will be accepted in the following order:
> Starting October 1:
- Household member who is a senior (age 60+), or
- Household member who is currently receiving disability benefits, or
- Applicants in need of emergency furnace repairs
> Starting November 1:
- Households whose service has been disconnected, or
- Households that have a disconnection notice
- Households with a child age 5 or under
> Starting December 2:
- All other income eligible households
Households must be at or below 150% of the federal poverty level to receive a benefit from the LIHEAP program.
Applicants must bring all documents listed below to apply for LIHEAP:
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Proof of gross income for the last 30 days of income for all household members from all sources, like pay stubs, SSA, SSI, child support, unemployment
- Proof that your household received TANF or other benefits, like Medical Eligibility or SNAP
- Current gas/electric bills issued within the last 30 days
- Proof of age (ID or birth certificate) if eligibility is based on age at the time of application
- Copy of rental agreement - if you are renting - that shows if utilities are included, the monthly rent and landlord contact information
Applications are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis through May 31, 2020 or until funding has been exhausted, whichever comes first.
Applications are taken at the Will County Center for Community Concerns - located at 2455 Glenwood Avenue, Joliet - on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. or until the daily sign-in sheet is full, whichever comes first. Applications are also taken at various outreach locations throughout Will County.
Visit our website for additional information about the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), our outreach locations throughout Will County and schedules or call the office at 815-722-0722.
Original source can be found here.
Source: City of Joliet