City of Calumet City Council met December 28
City of Calumet City Council met December 28.
Here is the agenda as provided by the council:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge Of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Approval of Minutes: 9/28/17: Regular Meeting
10/12/17: Regular Meeting
10/24/17: Special Meeting
10/26/17: Regular Meeting
11/6/17: Special Meeting
11/9/17: Regular Meeting
5. Reports of Standing Committees
A. Finance................................ Ald. Wosczynski
B. Public Safety............................ Ald. Patton
C. Public Utilities.......................... Ald. Williams
D. Ordinance & Resolution.................. Ald. Tillman
E. Health, Education & Welfare.............. Ald. Gardner
F. Permits & Licenses....................... Ald. Smith
G. Public Works............................ Ald. Navarrete
6. City Council Reports
City Clerk Figgs
City Treasurer Tarka
7. Informational Items to be Accepted and Placed on File
A. City Treasurer Tarka RE: Revenue & Expense Reports for
the Month of October 2017.
B. City Treasurer Tarka RE: Revenue & Expense Reports for
the Month of November 2017.
C. City Treasurer Tarka RE: Supplemental Accounting Policies
D. Calumet City Historical Society RE:Recognition of City Grant.
E. Comcast RE:Update to contact information.
8. New Business
A. Various Action Items - consideration of and possible action:
1. Approve resident only parking sign at 1806 Memorial Dr., 283 Bensley Ave. and 335 Crandon Ave.; requesting Public Works to post signs.
2. Approve Do Not Enter sign at the Sibley Blvd driveway entrance of 1865 Sibley Blvd.; requesting Public Works to post sign.
3. Direct the City Attorney to prepare a resolution for Project Prevention Youth Advocates.
4. Direct the City Attorney to draft and/or revise existing ordinance/ ordinances regulating business classifications according to type with prescriptions for type, operations, and all areas commensurate with the application and renewal process.
5. Authorize Police & Fire Board to offer conditional employment to the next two qualified candidates from the current eligibility list.
B. Building Permits
New Garage Construction
1642 Stateline (flood plain) Ward 6
C. Resolutions And Ordinances
1. Resolution Thanking the Cook County Recorder of Deeds Karen Yarbrough for Assistance with the Property After Death Workshops in Conjunction with the City Clerk's Office.
2. Resolution Congratulating the Thunderbolts Cheer team for its Current Success.
3. Resolution Honoring the Memory of Ronald A. Badyniak
4. Ordinance Amending Handicapped Parking Ordinance Chapter 90 of the Municipal Code of the City of Calumet City, Cook County, Illinois Handicapped Parking by adding 33 - 165 Street.
D. Financial Matters
1. Authorize the City Treasurer to borrow up to $3,000,000. from the 2017A Capital Projects Fund for the purpose of paying Corporate Fund bills of the City. Funds borrowed are to be repaid from the first installment of the real estate taxes received from the Cook County Treasurer no later than April 30, 2018.
2. Approve the City of Calumet City entering into a lease agreement with American Capital Financial Services Inc. for the purchase of eight (8) police vehicles; authorize the Mayor to execute all documents necessary for the lease agreement. not to exceed $280,000.00.
3. Authorize the shut off, cutting/capping existing water and installing new water service, roundway and b-box at 221 Warren St.; direct City Treasurer to remit payment to Calumet City Plumbing in the amount of $5,671.00 to be charged to Account #03036-52349.
4. Authorize removing and replacing the collapsed sewer and make necessary repairs to the manhole at 156th Pl. and Wentworth Ave.; direct City Treasurer to remit payment to Calumet City Plumbing in the amount of $9,892.92 to be charged to Account #03036-52101.
5. Authorize the City Treasurer to remit payment to WCMRP Calumet Center, LLC. in the amount of $50,769.52 representing the city's 50% share of sales tax received by the city for the accounting period April 1, 2017 through June 30, 2017 to be charged to the Corporate Fund-Contractual Obligations line item #01099-52696.
6. Approve Emergency bill listing ($2,100.00)
7. Approve bill listing ($1,005,698.02)
8. Approve payroll ($862734.44)
9. Unfinished Business
10, Executive Session
The deadline for submission to the City Clerk, in writing, for consideration at its next regular meeting of January 11, 2018 at 7:30 p.m., is at 12:00 NOON, Thursday, January 4, 2018.