Lockport City Council met August 16.
Lockport City Council met Aug. 16.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
a. Pledge of Allegiance:
b. Roll Call:
d. Agenda Participation: (Any person who wishes to speak on a topic that is on the Agenda of the Meeting shall fill out a Speaker Card before the start of the Meeting, either at the City Clerk’s Office, or may give to the City Clerk before the start of the Meeting itself, stating name, and topic on the Agenda to be discussed. Speaker Cards are required for each of the items the Speaker wishes to address. The purpose of the Cards is to obtain the spelling of name of the Speaker, contact information, and provide for efficient meeting administration. All Speakers shall comply with these rules, which shall be posted at the Speaker Sign-In desk and rulings of the City Clerk. Speakers shall be called by name to approach the podium by the City Clerk. A time limit of five (5) minutes shall be imposed on each Speaker.)
Illinois Municipalities may adopt a group of assorted Ordinances, Resolutions, Motions, and orders by a single Roll Call Vote called an Omnibus Vote or approval by Consent Agenda. The Omnibus Vote/Consent Agenda Vote shall be taken following the unanimous consent by the City Council as to the items to be included in the vote. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Council Member or Citizen so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Omnibus Vote/Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda
e. Consent Agenda:
1. August 3, 2017 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes: Motion to approve the August 3, 2017 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes as presented.
2. August 3, 2017 Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes: Motion to approve the August 3, 2017 Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes as presented.
3. Payroll Period ending July 30, 2017: Motion to approve the payroll period ending July 30, 2017 as presented.
4. Various Bills: Motion to approve the Various Bills as presented.
5. PZC Case #2017-005: Final Development Plan for Mini-Mart expansion located at 1626 S. State Street/Resolution No. 17-022: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17- 022/A Resolution approving Final Development Plans for a Mini-Mart Gas Station expansion for the property located at 1626 S. State Street.
6. Ordinance No. 17-020: Motion to approve Ordinance No. 17-020: An Ordinance amending Sections 111.10 and 111.11 of Chapter 111 of the Lockport Code of Ordinances as it pertains to the Number of Licenses and Limitations of Classes of Liquor Licenses.
f. Approval of Meeting Minutes: (If not approved as a Consent Agenda Item)
g. Approval of Payroll: (If not approved as a Consent Agenda item)
h. Mayor’s Report:
i. City Clerk’s Report:
j. Staff Report:
1. City Administrator:
1. Verbal CA-1 Caton Farm Road Bridge
Project and the “Middle Alignment” Action: Motion to defer Action until September 6, 2017 as the Township meets on August 14, 2017 and Homer Glen on August 23, 2017.o2. Finance Director: Fd-1 Public Hearing: 2017 Bond
3. Police Chief:
4. City Attorney:
5. Director of Community & Economic Development:
6. Director of Public Works:
1. B. Cann Memo 8/8/17 PW-1 North Street and MacGregor Street Change Order/ Action: Motion to authorize Change Order Work.
2. B. Cann Memo 8/8/17 PW-2 Princess Court and Charles Street Watermain Replacement Action: Motion to authorize the project.
3. A. Wagner Memo 8/9/17 PW-3 Porter Plaza Storm Sewer Bid Opening and Contract Award/Resolution No. 17-071 Action: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17-071/ A Resolution authorizing the execution of a Contract with Len Cox & Sons Excavating in the amount of $289,229.82 for the 2017 Porter Plaza Storm Sewer Project.
4. A. Wagner Memo 8/9/17 PW-4 2017 Resurface & Patching Contract Bid Opening and Contract Award/ Resolution No. 17-072 Action: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17-072/A Resolution authorizing the execution of a Contract with Austin Tyler Construction in the amount of $692,050.70 for the 2017 Resurface and Patching Contract
k. Permanent Committees;
1. Plan & Zoning Commission:
1. P. Hirth Memo 7/27/17 PZ-1 PZC Case #2016-003: Annexation,
Annexation Agreement, Rezoning, Amendment to Special Use for a Religious House of Worship and Final Development Plans for Ganesha Gayathri (GG) Temple located at 16059 & 16105 W. 151st Street/Ordinance No. 17-021, Resolution No. 17-069, Ordinance No. 17-023, Ordinance No. 17-024, Resolution No. 17-070 Action: Motion to approve Ordinance No. 17-021/An Ordinance Annexing property location at 16105 W. 151st Street.
Action: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17-069/A Resolution approving Amended and Restated Annexation Agreement replacing an Annexation Agreement dated September 5, 2012. Action: Motion to approve Ordinance No. 17-023/An Ordinance approving a Rezoning to O-2 General Office. Action: Motion to approve Ordinance No. 17-024/An Ordinance Approving an Amendment to Special Use Permit for a Religious House of Worship. Action: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17-070/A Resolution Approving Final Development Plans.
2. Heritage and Architecture:
l. New Business – Miscellaneous
m. Open Floor For Comments
(Comments will be heard on items that do not appear on the Agenda. The Public Comment portion of the Agenda shall be subject to a twenty (20) minute limitation. A time limit of five (5) minutes shall be imposed on each Speaker. The purpose of having Public Comments as an Agenda item is to allow any person to make his/her views known to the City Council upon any subject of general or public interest. The Council recognizes that Public Comments are for the purpose of legitimate inquiries and discussion by the Public, and not for the purpose of advancing arguments or repetitious questions concerning matters which the Council believes to be closed or not of general public concern. The Council shall have the right during this period to decline to hear any person or subject matter upon proper motion and majority vote by the Council.
Each person wishing to speak during the Public Comment portion of the Agenda must fill out a Public Comment Speaker Card stating name, and the topic about which he/she wishes to speak as well as a sign-in sheet, and give to the City Clerk at the Meeting itself. The purpose of the Cards is to obtain the spelling of the name of the Speaker, and provide for efficient meeting administration.
The order of speaking shall be based upon the order of sign-in with first person signing-in speaking first and so forth. If the twenty (20) minutes has elapsed before all Speakers who have signed up are allowed to speak, the City Council may elect to continue the time period.
However, if the City Council elects not to extend the time period those Speakers who signed up but did not speak may if they so choose to be placed on the next Agenda under the Public Comments Section and shall be placed at the top of the Sign-In Sheet in the same order they were in from the previous Sign-In Sheet. All Speakers shall comply with these rules which shall be posted at the Speaker Sign-In desk and rulings of the City Clerk.)
Organizations in this Story
222 East 9th Street
Lockport, IL - 60441