City of Lockport Committee of the Whole met August 16.
City of Lockport Committee of the Whole met Aug. 16.
Here is the agenda provided by the Committee:
(a). Pledge of Allegiance:
(b). Roll Call:
(d). Items recommended for action at next August City Council Meeting:
(e). Shop Lockport – Business Spotlight:
(f). Mayor’s Report:
1. Liaisons Report M-1 (Verbal)
(g). City Clerk’s Report:
(h). Permanent Committees:
(1). Plan & Zoning Commission
(i) Staff Report:
1. City Administrator:
1. B. Benson Memo 8/8/27 CA-1 License Agreement for the use of the Train Station Parking Lot/Resolution No. 17-073
2. B. Benson Memo 8/8/17 CA-2 Lockport 4th of July Fireworks Contract
3. B. Benson Memo 8/8/17 CA-3 Waste Management Contract Extension
2. Finance Director:
3. Police Chief:
4. City Attorney:
1. B. Benson, S. Williams Memo AT-1 Ordinance No. 17-026/An Ordinance amending 8/11/17 Chapter 30, of the Lockport Code of Ordinances, specifically Sections 30.004, 30.104, and 30.105, as it pertains to the City Council Meeting and the City Collector.
5. Director of Community & Economic Development:
6. Director of Public Works:
1. B. Cann Memo 8/9/17 PW-1 2018 CIP Projects
7. New Business – Miscellaneous
(j). Open Floor For Public Comments:
(Comments will be heard on items that do not appear on the Agenda. The Public Comment portion of the Agenda shall be subject to a twenty (20) minute limitation. A time limit of five (5) minutes shall be imposed on each Speaker.
The purpose of having Public Comments as an Agenda item is to allow any person to make his/her views known to the City Council upon any subject of general or public interest. The Council recognizes that Public Comments are for the purpose of legitimate inquiries and discussion by the Public, and not for the purpose of advancing arguments or repetitious questions concerning matters which the Council believes to be closed or not of general public concern.
The Council shall have the right during this period to decline to hear any person or subject matter upon proper motion and majority vote by the Council. Each person wishing to speak during the Public Comment portion of the Agenda must fill out a Public Comment Speaker Card stating name, and the topic about which he/she wishes to speak as well as a sign-in sheet, and give to the City Clerk at the Meeting itself.
The purpose of the Cards is to obtain the spelling of the name of the Speaker, and provide for efficient meeting administration.
The order of speaking shall be based upon the order of sign-in with first person signing-in speaking first and so forth. If the twenty (20) minutes has elapsed before all Speakers who have signed up are allowed to speak, the City Council may elect to continue the time period.
However, if the City aCouncil elects not to extend the time period those Speakers who signed up but did not speak may if they so choose to be placed on the next Agenda under the Public Comments Section and shall be placed at the top of the Sign-In Sheet in the same order they were in from the previous Sign-In Sheet. All Speakers shall comply with these rules which shall be posted at the Speaker Sign-In desk and rulings of the City Clerk.)