Village of Elwood Board of Trustees met August 16.
Village of Elwood Board of Trustees met Aug. 16.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge to the Flag
4. Presentations And Public Hearing
5. Public Comments (limited to two (2) minutes per person)
• Public Comments Pertaining to Agenda Items
6. Consent Agenda
All items listed on the consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Village Board and will be acted upon with one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Board member or citizen so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the general order of business and considered after all other regular agenda items.
6.1.1 Presentation of Minutes – August 2, 2017
6.1.2 Presentation of Closed Session Minutes – July 19, 2017 – Not For Release
6.1.3 Presentation of Bills – Paid Invoice Report July 21, 2017 through August 15, 2017 in the amount of $16,471.44.
6.1.4 Presentation of Bills – Unpaid Invoice Report in the amount of $200,439.88.
7. Reports & Communications From Village Officials
Ordinances are read as follows:
1st Read – for Board initial consideration (Ordinances may be adopted if 2nd reading is waived.
2nd Read – found under consent agenda for adoption
Final Read – for adoption not able to be placed on consent agenda
Pending – Board has reviewed previously, action may be taken at Board Meeting
7.1 Administration - Village Administrator Marian T. Gibson
7.1.1 Department Report
7.1.2 June 2017 Financial Report – Review
7.1.3 July 2017 Financial Report – Review
7.1.4 Shkendije Iljaz dba Jacks Tap Liquor License Class “A” – Consideration
7.2 Police Department – Chief Fred Hayes
7.2.1 Department Report
7.3 Public Works – Superintendent Larry Lohmar
7.3.1 Department Report
7.4 Village Clerk – Julie Friebele
7.4.1 Village of Elwood Upcoming Events – Review
7.5 Village President – Todd C. Matichak
7.5.1 Appointment of Park Committee Members – Consideration
• Lori Jenco – 4 year term
• Dorothy Cirrencione – 4 year term
• Carin Matichak – 3 year term
• Desiree Lehr – 3 year term
• Stephanie Lopez – 2 year term
8. Other Business
9. Public Comments (limited to two (2) minutes per person)
• Public Comments Not Pertaining to Agenda Items
10. Closed Session
Closed Session To Consider: (Highlighted Items Will Be Discussed In Closed Session)
• Appointment, Employment, Compensation, Discipline, Performance Or Dismissal Of Specific Employee(s)
• Collective Bargaining
• The Consideration to Purchase Lease or Acquire Specific Real Estate Property
• The Probable Or Imminent and Pending Litigation
11. Actions to be Taken Following the Closed Session Meeting