Lockport City Council will meet August 2.
Lockport City Council will meet Aug. 2.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
A. Pledge of Allegiance:
B. Roll Call:
D. Agenda Participation: (Any person who wishes to speak on a topic that is on the Agenda of the Meeting shall fill out a Speaker Card before the start of the Meeting, either at the City Clerk’s Office, or may give to the City Clerk before the start of the Meeting itself, stating name, and topic on the Agenda to be discussed. Speaker Cards are required for each of the items the Speaker wishes to address. The purpose of the Cards is to obtain the spelling of name of the Speaker, contact information, and provide for efficient meeting administration. All Speakers shall comply with these rules, which shall be posted at the Speaker Sign-In desk and rulings of the City Clerk. Speakers shall be called by name to approach the podium by the City Clerk. A time limit of five (5) minutes shall be imposed on each Speaker.)
Illinois Municipalities may adopt a group of assorted Ordinances, Resolutions, Motions, and orders by a single Roll Call Vote called an Omnibus Vote or approval by Consent Agenda. The Omnibus Vote/Consent Agenda Vote shall be taken following the unanimous consent by the City Council as to the items to be included in the vote. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Council Member or Citizen so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Omnibus Vote/Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda B
E. Consent Agenda:
1. July 19, 2017 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes: Motion to approve the July 19, 2017 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes as presented.
2. July 19, 2017 Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes: Motion to approve the July 19, 2017 Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes as presented.
3. Payroll Period ending July 16, 2017: Motion to approve the payroll period ending July 16, 2017 as presented.
4. Various Bills: Motion to approve the Various Bills as presented.
5. PZC Case #2017-004: Expansion of existing Electrical Substation for ComEd located at 17580 West Salem (in the Prime Business Campus)/Resolution No. 17-068: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17-068/A Resolution approving Final Development Plans for Expansion of an existing Electrical Substation (ComEd/TDC 480)
6. PZC Case #2017-006: Special Use Permit for a Private Montessori School (Lupine Montessori School) to be located at 936 N. State Street/Ordinance No. 17-019: Motion to approve Ordinance No. 17-019/An Ordinance approving a Special Use Permit for a Private School (Lupine Montessori School/936 N. State Street)
7. Disclosable Payment – IMRF Retirement: Motion to approve the Certification of the Disclosable Payment pursuant to the Illinois Local Government Wage Increase Transparency Act.
8. Façade Grant Program-131-133 E. 9th Street & 901 S. Hamilton Street: Motion to approve the Façade Grant request in the amount of $10,000 for Janine Wheeler, Owner of the property located at 131-133 E. 9th Street & 901 S. Hamilton Street.
9. Fire Sprinkler & Fire Alarm System Installation Assistance Program 131-133 E. 9th Street/901 S. Hamilton Street: Motion to approve the request for assistance in the amount of $5,000 for installation of a fire alarm system as shown on the plans approved by the Lockport Township Fire Protection District.
10. 2017 Ford Explorer/Resolution No. 17-063: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17- 063/ A Resolution authorizing the Administrator and Staff to purchase a 2017 Ford Explorer from Currie Motors for an amount of $28,415.00.
f. Approval of Meeting Minutes: (If not approved as a Consent Agenda Item)
g. Approval of Payroll: (If not approved as a Consent Agenda item) ____________________________________________________________________
H. Mayor’s Report:
I. City Clerk’s Report:
J. Staff Report:
1. City Administrator:
1. Execute Session Request CA-1 2(c)1 – Personnel
2. Finance Director:
3. Police Chief:
4. City Attorney:
5. Director of Community &
6. Director of Public Works:
1. B. Cann Memo 7/26/17 PW-1 Well 15 Design and IEPA Project Plan Preparation/Resolution No. 17-065 Action: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17-065/A Resolution authorizing the Administrator and Staff to execute the Contract from Strand Associates for the design of Well 15 in the amount of $275,800.00.
2. B. Cann Memo 7/27/17 PW-2 2017 Roadway Reconstruction- Construction Observation Contract/Resolution No. 17-066. Action: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17-066/A Resolution authorizing the Administrator and Staff to execute the Contract from Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd. For Construction Engineering Services for the 2017 Roadway Reconstruction Project in the amount not-to-exceed $122,945.00.
K. Permanent Committees;
1. Plan & Zoning Commission:
2. Heritage And Architecture:
L. New Business – Miscellaneous
M. Open Floor for Comments
(Comments will be heard on items that do not appear on the Agenda. The Public Comment portion of the Agenda shall be subject to a twenty (20) minute limitation. A time limit of five (5) minutes shall be imposed on each Speaker. The purpose of having Public Comments as an Agenda item is to allow any person to make his/her views known to the City Council upon any subject of general or public interest. The Council recognizes that Public Comments are for the purpose of legitimate inquiries and discussion by the Public, and not for the purpose of advancing arguments or repetitious questions concerning matters which the Council believes to be closed or not of general public concern. The Council shall have the right during this period to decline to hear any person or subject matter upon proper motion and majority vote by the Council.
Each person wishing to speak during the Public Comment portion of the Agenda must fill out a Public Comment Speaker Card stating name, and the topic about which he/she wishes to speak as well as a sign-in sheet, and give to the City Clerk at the Meeting itself. The purpose of the Cards is to obtain the spelling of the name of the Speaker, and provide for efficient meeting administration. The order of speaking shall be based upon the order of sign-in with first person signing-in speaking first and so forth. If the twenty (20) minutes has elapsed before all Speakers who have signed up are allowed to speak, the City Council may elect to continue the time period.
However, if the City Council elects not to extend the time period those Speakers who signed up but did not speak may if they so choose to be placed on the next Agenda under the Public Comments Section and shall be placed at the top of the Sign-In Sheet in the same order they were in from the previous Sign-In Sheet. All Speakers shall comply with these rules which shall be posted at the Speaker Sign-In desk and rulings of the City Clerk.)