Village of Crete President and Board of Trustees will meet June 12
Village of Crete President and Board of Trustees will meet on June 12.
Here is the agenda as provided by the board:
Date: June 12, 2017
Call to Order: 6:45 p.m.
Village of Crete Municipal Building
Re: Amendment to the Crete TIF #2 Tax Increment Financing Redevelopment Project Area.
Regular Board Meeting: Date: June 12, 2017
Call to Order: 7 p.m.
Village of Crete Municipal Building
Pledge of Allegiance
Visitors are always welcome to all public meetings of the President and Board of Trustees of the Village of Crete. Interested parties wishing to speak should identify their intent to speak, they then may give their name and where they reside if they so choose and then make their comment. Persons may also provide their address privately to the Village Clerk if they so choose; persons are advised that addresses are considered private information under the Freedom of Information Act and thus are exempt from disclosure pursuant to any Freedom of information Act request. However, in order to give proper consideration to all items on the agenda, the President has the authority to limit participants in debates and will close repetitive or abusive remarks.
Approval of Agenda:
Unanimous Consent Agenda
All items on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a board member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.
Approval of Minutes : Regular Board Meeting - May 22, 2017
Approval of Bills
Ratification of Payroll
Resolution No. 2017-593: A Resolution authorizing the abolishment of the Working Cash Fund and the Public Benefit Fund and the transfer of these fund balances to the Corporate Fund. Motion by Trustee Steve Beaudoin. Second by Trustee Holly Milburn (Trustee Mark Wiater). Motion carried.
Ordinance No. 2017-15: An Ordinance amending Class K-B license regulations and amending Chapter 4 Alcoholic Liquor in the Crete Municipal Code. First Reading, Second Reading and Adoption. Motion by Trustee Steve Beaudoin. Second by Trustee Holly Milburn (Trustee Mark Wiater). Motion carried.
Ordinance No. 2017-16: An Ordinance Amending the Village's Zoning Map in Relation to Property Commonly Known as the east 25'-0 of 280 West Exchange Street. First Reading, Second Reading and Adoption. Motion by Trustee Doris Harmon-Warren (Trustee Stephen Johnson). Second by Trustee Steve Beaudoin (Trustee Mark Wiater). Motion carried.
Ordinance No. 2017-17: An Ordinance granting Certain Variances from the Application of Provisions of the Crete Zoning Ordinance in Relation to Property Commonly known as 280 West Exchange Street. First Reading, Second Reading and Adoption. Motion by Trustee Doris Harmon-Warren (Stephen Johnson). Second by Trustee Steve Beaudoin (Trustee Mark Wiater). Motion Carried.
Ordinance No 2017-18: An Ordinance allowing A Special use permit for property Commonly known as 280 West Exchange Street. First Reading, Second Reading and Adoption. Motion by Trustee Doris Harmon-Warren (Trustee Stephen Johnson). Second by Trustee Steve Beaudoin (Trustee Mark Wiater). Motion carried.
Reports: Mayors and Trustees:
President Michael Einhorn
Public Health - Trustee Doris Harmon-Warren
Water Department - Trustee Stephen Johnson
Public Safety - Trustee Steven Beaudoin
Building and Grounds - Trustee Raymond Harley
Finance, License and Ordinance - Trustee Mark Wiater
Road and Bridge - Trustee Holly Milburn
Committee and Department Reports:
Acting Village Administrator - Michael Smith
Police Department - Chief of Police James Paoletti
Fire Department - Fire Administrator/Chief Mike Waterman
Superintendent of Public Works - Phil Hameister - Report submitted
Village Engineer-Tech Ill
Building Department - Building Inspector Mike Smith - Report submitted
Code Enforcement - Code Enforcement Supervisor Marty Braccio
Fire & Police Commission - James McPhee
EMA - Marty Braccio
Animal Control/Code Enforcement Officer - Ryan Allison
Planning Commission - Karen Tellef
Heritage & Architecture Commission - Phyllis Monks
Excise (Telecom. Tax) - (Col.) 2017-$ 2016-$
Local Use - (Col. May) 2017-$14,225.45 2016-$14,194.85
Sales Tax - (Col. ) 2017-$60,479.58 2016-$94,686.81
Income Tax - (Col. ) 2017-$ 2016-$
MFT Allotment - (Col.) 2017-$18,334.22 2016-$18,667.16
Pers. Prop. Rep. Tax-(Col. ) 2017-$ 2016-$
ComEd Utility Tax (Col. April) 2017-$23,275.53 2016-$19,965.74
Nicor Utility Tax (Col. April) 2017-$13,210.35 2016-$ 9,748.63
Video Gaming Report (Col ) 2017-$ 2016-$
Comcast update letter dated May 24, 2017 with changes effective July 15, 2017.
Comcast letter dated May 26, 2017 correcting the letter dated May 24, 2017.
Letter from the IEPA concerning the annual posting concerning the Beecher Landfill and the required five-year permit renewal application which also includes the annual post-closure care cost estimate update.
Letter from Thorn Creek Basin Sanitary District dated June 1, 2017 explaining they have approved a used charge rate increase of 2% effective July 1, 2017. Their Board action was taken on May 16, 2017 following a scheduled public hearing. Effective July 1, 2017, the base user charge rate will increase to $1.408 per ccf or $1.882 per 1000 gallons. This will result in an increase of approximately $3.45 annually for an average user.
Letter from Comcast advising of changes beginning June 13, 2017.
1. Continuation of the Discussion on chicken coops within the Village of Crete. Dana Heavner has requested the Village to make a ruling on allowing residents to raise hens in their backyards within fenced areas, coops for night time housing, applicable yearly fees and items that may be associated with raising chickens. Board action is anticipated.
2. Discussion and Report to be led by Trustee Harmon-Warren on establishing a type of social media page with other government involved groups within the Village of Crete. Joining together of interested groups within the Village will be more cost effective. More information will be made available through "City by App", the program that is being considered. The set up cost and the annual fee would be shared by users involved. Board action is anticipated.
3. Resolution No. 2017.- : A Resolution to authorize the execution of a Contract for a Fire Ambulance remount and refurbish by and between the Village and Medwerks d/b/a Crossroads Ambulance. This is the contract for the new ambulance; the bid was approved by the board at the last meeting. Board action is anticipated.
1. Authorization to seek bids for water main replacement at Eagle Nest Drive and to use TIF#4 funds. Board action is anticipated.
2. Requesting discussion on a TIF #2 Expenditure for drainage work and alley repaving in the alley south of the post office between Cass and Division. This work to be done in conjunction with Crete Country Store parking lot resurfacing. Board action is anticipated.
3. Ordinance No. 2017- : An Ordinance establishing the Prevailing Rate of Wages in this Locality for Laborers, Mechanics and other Workers engaged in Construction of Public Works as of June 5, 2017. This is an annual ordinance and is required to be passed and approved in accordance with state statue. Board action is anticipated.
4. Discussion of Annexation - Petition received from Crete 1 LLC (commonly known as: 23802 Volbrecht Road. This parcel was not annexed at the time that the remainder of Crete Market Place was annexed based upon the then owner's wishes. Board action may be taken.
Next Meeting Activity: Village Board Meeting will be held at the Municipal Building on June 26, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.