Lockport City Council will meet June 7.
Lockport City Council will meet June 7.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
a. Pledge of Allegiance:
b. Roll Call:
d. Agenda Participation: (Any person who wishes to speak on a topic that is on the Agenda of the Meeting shall fill out a Speaker Card before the start of the Meeting, either at the City Clerk’s Office, or may give to the City Clerk before the start of the Meeting itself, stating name, and topic on the Agenda to be discussed. Speaker Cards are required for each of the items the Speaker wishes to address. The purpose of the Cards is to obtain the spelling of name of the Speaker, contact information, and provide for efficient meeting administration. All Speakers shall comply with these rules, which shall be posted at the Speaker Sign-In desk and rulings of the City Clerk. Speakers shall be called by name to approach the podium by the City Clerk. A time limit of five (5) minutes shall be imposed on each Speaker.)
Illinois Municipalities may adopt a group of assorted Ordinances, Resolutions, Motions, and orders by a single Roll Call Vote called an Omnibus Vote or approval by Consent Agenda. The Omnibus Vote/Consent Agenda Vote shall be taken following the unanimous consent by the City Council as to the items to be included in the vote. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Council Member or Citizen so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Omnibus Vote/Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda
e. Consent Agenda:
1. May 17, 2017 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes: Motion to approve the May 17, 2017 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes as presented.
2. May 17, 2017 Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes: Motion to approve the May 17, 2017 Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes as presented.
3. Payroll Period ending May 21, 2017: Motion to approve the payroll period ending May 21, 2017 as presented.
4. Various Bills: Motion to approve the Various Bills as presented. 5. Prevailing Wage Ordinance/Ordinance No. 17-015: Motion to approve Ordinance No. 17-015/An Ordinance determining the Prevailing Rate of Wages for the City of Lockport for 2017-2018.
6. 2017 Roadway Reconstruction (13th, 14th, Washington & Jefferson Streets) Change Order for additional water main work/Resolution No. 17-056: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17-056/A Resolution authorizing a Change Order be approved with D Construction in the amount of $115,000, for the 2017 Roadway Reconstruction (13th, 14th, Washington & Jefferson Streets)
7. Approval of a License Agreement between the City of Lockport and the Illinois Department of Natural Resources for the new dam, weir, and inverted siphon on IDNR property (License No. 5513)/Resolution No. 17-055: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17-055/A Resolution approving IDNR License Agreement #5513 for the dam, weir, and inverted siphon on Illinois Department of Natural Resources property.
8. Amendment of the Administrative Adjudication Ordinance to update the schedule of penalties/Ordinance No. 17-014: Motion to approve Ordinance No. 17-014/An Ordinance amending Section 38-34 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Lockport regarding Administrative Adjudication of violations of City Ordinances (Fines and Penalties Provision).
9. Amendment of the City Impoundment and Towing of Vehicles Ordinance/Ordinance No. 17-016: Motion to approve Ordinance No. 17-016/An Ordinance amending Sections 76-01 and 76-03 and Section 71.02 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Lockport regarding the towing of vehicles by the Lockport Police Department.
f. Approval of Meeting Minutes: (If not approved as a Consent Agenda Item)
g. Approval of Payroll: (If not approved as a Consent Agenda item)
h. Mayor’s Report:
1. Mayor Streit Memo 5/23/17 M-1 Appointment of City Attorney
Action: Motion to approve the appointment of Sonni Choi Williams as City Attorney effective June 12th, 2017.
2. B. Benson Memo 5/31/17 M-2 Mayoral Appointments to the Plan & Zoning Commission effective June 14, 2017.
Action: Motion to appoint Dave Oxley, Chairman, Brent Porfilio, Scott Likins, Jim Bilotta to a two (2) year term; Terms expiring April 30, 2019. Bill Molony, Ken Shepard, Will Pinn to a four (4) year term. Terms expiring April 30, 2021.
i. City Clerk’s Report:
1. Executive Session Minutes CC-1 May 17, 2017
Action: Motion to approve the May 17, 2017 Executive Session Minutes as presented.
j. Staff Report:
1. City Administrator:
1. B. Benson Memo 6/1/17 CA-1 Agreement for public sidewalk on 163rd Street in front of Panduit Property
Action: Motion to seek authorization to enter into a shared cost agreement including conveyance of property with the Panduit Corporation on construction of a public sidewalk, during their private project on a 50-50 split cost basis not-to- exceed $60,000 from the City of Lockport.
2. B. Benson, T. Thanas Memo 6/1/17 CA-2 Ordinance authorizing the Sale of City-Owned property at 921 S. State Street/Ordinance No. 17-017.
Executive Session Request – 2(c)(6) – The setting of a price for Sale or Lease of property owned by the public body.
Action: Motion to approve Ordinance No. 17-017/An Ordinance authorizing the Sale of Surplus Real Estate at 921 S. State Street by the City of Lockport.
3. B. Benson, L. Heglund Memo May 23, 2017 CA-3 Will County Electric Aggregation Group/ Resolution No. 17-057
Action: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17-057/A Resolution authorizing the execution by the Mayor of an Intergovernmental Agreement between the Will County Municipal League and the City of Lockport for electric aggregation.
4. Executive Session Request(s) CA-4 2(c)(1) – Appointments, Employment, Compensation, Discipline, Performance, or Dismissal of specific employees and 2(c)(2) – Collective Bargaining Matters.
2. Finance Director:
3. Police Chief:
4. City Attorney:
5. Director of Community & Economic Development:
6. Director of Public Works:
k. Permanent Committees;
1. Plan & Zoning Commission:
2. Heritage and Architecture:
l. New Business – Miscellaneous
m. Open Floor for Comments
(Comments will be heard on items that do not appear on the Agenda.
The Public Comment portion of the Agenda shall be subject to a twenty (20) minutes limitation. A time limit of five (5) minutes shall be imposed on each Speaker.
The purpose of having Public Comments as an Agenda Item is to allow any person to make his/her views known to the City Council upon any subject of general or public interest.
The Council recognizes that Public Comments are for the purpose of legitimate inquiries and discussion by the Public, and not for the purpose of advancing arguments or repetitious questions concerning matters which the Council believes to be closed or not of general public concern.
The Council shall have the right during this period to decline to hear any person or subject matter upon proper motion and majority vote by the Council.
Each person wishing to speak during the Public Comment portion of the Agenda must fill out a Public Comment Speaker Card stating name, and the topic about which he/she wishes to speak as well as a sign-in sheet, and give to the City Clerk at the Meeting itself.
The purpose of the Cards is to obtain the spelling of the name of the Speaker, contact information, and provide for efficient meeting administration.
The order of speaking shall be based upon the order of sign-in with first person signing-in speaking first and so forth. If the twenty (20) minutes has elapsed before all Speakers who have signed up are allowed to speak, the City Council may elect to continue the time period.
However, if the City Council elects not to extend the time period those Speakers who signed up but did not speak may if they so choose to be placed on the next Agenda under the Public Comments Section and shall be placed at the top of the Sign-In Sheet in the same order they were in from the previous Sign-In Sheet.
All Speakers shall comply with these rules which shall be posted at the Speaker Sign-In desk and rulings of the City Clerk. )
Open Meetings Exemptions:
2(c)(1) - Appointments, Employment, Compensation, Discipline, Performance, or Dismissal of specific Employees.
2(c)(2)- Collective Bargaining Matters.
2(c)(3)- Selection of a person to fill a Public Office, including a vacancy in a Public Office.
2(c)(5)- Purchase or Lease of real property, including meetings held for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.
2(c)(6)- The setting of a price for Sale or Lease of property owned by the public body.
2(c)(11)- Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
2(c)(21)- Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under this Act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi- annual review of the minutes as mandated by Section 2.06.