Lockport City Council will meet May 17.
Lockport City Council will meet May 17.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
a. Pledge of Allegiance:
b. Roll Call:
d. Agenda Participation: (Any person who wishes to speak on a topic that is on the Agenda of the Meeting shall fill out a Speaker Card before the start of the Meeting, either at the City Clerk’s Office, or may give to the City Clerk before the start of the Meeting itself, stating name, and topic on the Agenda to be discussed. Speaker Cards are required for each of the items the Speaker wishes to address. The purpose of the Cards is to obtain the spelling of name of the Speaker, contact information, and provide for efficient meeting administration. All Speakers shall comply with these rules, which shall be posted at the Speaker Sign-In desk and rulings of the City Clerk. Speakers shall be called by name to approach the podium by the City Clerk. A time limit of five (5) minutes shall be imposed on each Speaker.)
Illinois Municipalities may adopt a group of assorted Ordinances, Resolutions, Motions, and orders by a single Roll Call Vote called an Omnibus Vote or approval by Consent Agenda. The Omnibus Vote/Consent Agenda Vote shall be taken following the unanimous consent by the City Council as to the items to be included in the vote. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Council Member or Citizen so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Omnibus Vote/Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda
e. Consent Agenda:
1. May 3, 2017 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes: Motion to approve the May 3, 2017 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes as presented.
2. May 3, 2017 Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes: Motion to approve the May
3, 2017 Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes as presented. 3. Payroll Period ending May 7, 2017: Motion to approve the payroll period ending May 7, 2017 as presented.
4. Various Bills: Motion to approve the Various Bills as presented.
5. Disposal of Vehicle #601 Sewer Department: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17-052/A Resolution authorizing the disposal of Sewer Department Truck #601.
6. May 6, 2017 Minutes of the new Council Members Bus Tour throughout the City of Lockport: Motion to approve the May 6, 2017 Minutes as presented.
f. Approval Of Meeting Minutes: (If not approved as a Consent Agenda Item)
g. Approval Of Payroll: (If not approved as a Consent Agenda item)
h. Mayor’s Report:
1. M-1 City Administrator – Contract Extension
2. Executive Session Request M-2 Personnel 2(c)1 - to be held at the end of the Meeting.
i. City Clerk’s Report:
j. Staff Report:
1. City Administrator:
1. B. Benson, T. Thanas Memo CA-1 Approval of a Resolution authorizing 5/4/17 the Sale of Surplus Real Estate at 921 S. State Street/Resolution No. 17-054 Action: Motion to approve Resolution No. 17-054/A Resolution authorizing the Sale of Surplus Real Estate at 921 S. State Street by the City of Lockport.
2. Finance Director:
3. Police Chief:
4. City Attorney:
5. Director of Community &
6. Director of Public Works:
7. City Engineer:
K. Permanent Committees;
1. Plan & Zoning Commission:
2. Heritage and Architecture:
L. New Business – Miscellaneous
M. Open Floor for Comments
(Comments will be heard on items that do not appear on the Agenda.
The Public Comment portion of the Agenda shall be subject to a twenty (20) minutes limitation. A time limit of five (5) minutes shall be imposed on each Speaker.
The purpose of having Public Comments as an Agenda Item is to allow any person to make his/her views known to the City Council upon any subject of general or public interest.
The Council recognizes that Public Comments are for the purpose of legitimate inquiries and discussion by the Public, and not for the purpose of advancing arguments or repetitious questions concerning matters which the Council believes to be closed or not of general public concern.
The Council shall have the right during this period to decline to hear any person or subject matter upon proper motion and majority vote by the Council.
Each person wishing to speak during the Public Comment portion of the Agenda must fill out a Public Comment Speaker Card stating name, and the topic about which he/she wishes to speak as well as a sign-in sheet, and give to the City Clerk at the Meeting itself.
The purpose of the Cards is to obtain the spelling of the name of the Speaker, contact information, and provide for efficient meeting administration.
The order of speaking shall be based upon the order of sign-in with first person signing-in speaking first and so forth. If the twenty (20) minutes has elapsed before all Speakers who have signed up are allowed to speak, the City Council may elect to continue the time period.
However, if the City Council elects not to extend the time period those Speakers who signed up but did not speak may if they so choose to be placed on the next Agenda under the Public Comments Section and shall be placed at the top of the Sign-In Sheet in the same order they were in from the previous Sign-In Sheet.
All Speakers shall comply with these rules which shall be posted at the Speaker Sign-In desk and rulings of the City Clerk. )