Village of Tinley Park Plan Commission met May 4
Village of Tinley Park Plan Commission
Village of Tinley Park Plan Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 4.
The Plan Commission was created to ensure that adequate provisions are made for the preparation of a comprehensive Village plan for the guidance, direction and control of the growth and development of the community. Commissioners are charged with preparing and recommending to the Village Board a comprehensive plan for the present and future development of the Village (and contiguous unincorporated territory not more than 1.5 miles beyond the corporate limits of the Village and not included in any other municipality). The commission may recommend to designate land suitable for annexation (and recommended the zoning classification for such land upon annexation).
Here is the agenda provided by council:
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
VILLAGE OF TINLEY PARK
May 4, 2017 – 7:30 P.M.
Village Hall – 16250 S. Oak Park Avenue
Regular Meeting Called to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Roll Call Taken
Approval of Minutes: Minutes of the April 20, 2017 Regular Meeting
Item no.1 PUBLIC HEARING: MCDONALD’S – 17171 HARLEM AVENUE – SITE PLAN
APPROVAL AND VARIATIONS FOR WALL SIGNAGE
Consider granting Site Plan Approval and recommending that the Village Board grant the Petitioner, James E. Olguin of Goldstine, Skrodzki, Russian, Nemec, and Hoff, Ltd. on behalf of McDonald’s USA, LLC, the following Variations for wall signage for the McDonald’s at 17171 Harlem Avenue in the B-3 (General Business and Commercial) Zoning District:
1. A Variation from Section IX.D.3.a. of the Zoning Ordinance for three (3) additional wall signs where the maximum number of wall signs allowed is two (2) to allow for a total of five (5) wall signs on the building;
2. A twelve inch (12”) letter height Variation from Section IX.D.3.a. of the Zoning Ordinance where the maximum allowable letter height is thirty inches (30”) to allow a maximum height of forty-two inches (42”); and
3. A 2.83 square foot Variation from Section IX.D.3.a. of the Zoning Ordinance where the maximum sign face area for wall signage for the north building frontage is forty-four (44) square feet to allow for a total sign face area of 46.83 square feet on the north side of the building.
These Variations would allow for the following wall signage to be installed on the building as part of the McDonald’s interior/exterior remodel project:
1. North façade: One (1) “M” logo sign (14 square feet) and one (1) “McDonald’s” sign (32.83 square feet);
2. South façade: One (1) “M” logo sign (14 square feet);
3. East façade: No signage proposed; and
4. West façade: One (1) “M” logo sign (14 square feet) and one (1) “McDonald’s” sign (32.83 square feet).
Item no.2 PUBLIC HEARING: TULEJA – 17800 HIGHLAND AVENUE – MAP
AMENDMENT (REZONING) FROM R-1 TO R-2
Consider recommending that the Village Board grant the Petitioner, Nicholas Tuleja, a Map Amendment (Rezoning) for the property at 17800 Highland Avenue to rezone the property from R-1 (Single-Family Residential) to R-2 (Single-Family Residential).
Item #3 PUBLIC HEARING (CONTINUED): TEXT AMENDMENT TO THE VILLAGE OF TINLEY PARK ZONING ORDINANCE (SECTION II AND SECTION IX) RELATED TO SIGN REGULATIONS
Consider recommending that the Village Board approve Text Amendments to Section II (Definitions) and Section IX (Sign Regulations) of the Village of Tinley Park Zoning Ordinance. The proposed Text Amendments include but are not limited to: regulations for sign face area, sign height, quantity of signs, location of signs, sign materials, regulations for signage in the B-5 Zoning District, sign regulations for special areas and particular uses, temporary signs, nonconforming signs, and definitions for terms related to signage.
Good of the Order
Receive Comments from the Public