Homer Glen Homer Harvest Days Committee reviews 2016 financials
The village of Homer Glen Homer Harvest Days Committee met Jan. 26 to review 2016 financials.
Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the committee:
"Homer Harvest Days Committee consists of staff and trustees from the Village of Homer Glen and Homer Township."
Homer Township and Village of Homer Glen
Homer Harvest Days Joint Committee
Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 7:00p.m.
Homer Township Administration Building
14350 West 151st Street, Homer Glen, IL 60491
1. Call to Order: 7:03PM
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call; Establish Quorum
Present: Linsey Sowa, Mike McGowan, Sharon Sweas, Renea Wojnowski, Margaret Sabo, Regina Robinson, Russ Knaack arrived after 7:30P. Absent: Karen Szynkowski, Randy Juras, Nancy Strack,
4. Amendments to Agenda:
5. Approval of Minutes:
6. Public Comment/Input:
8. Old Business - (Motion or Action may be requested)
a. 2016 Event Re-cap
- Sabo discussed pedestrian traffic patterns. People walking on the road.
- Discussion took place regarding any issues brought up by committee members.
- Sweas mentioned the need for a port-a-john in the vendor parking lot for volunteers as well as for the bus drivers.
b. 2016 Financials
- Sowa mentioned that financials for 2016 are complete. Village paid their portion.
- Robinson requested a final sponsorship tally for the 2016 HHD event so that we have a guideline for this years' event,
9. New Business - (Motion or Action may be requested)
a. 2017 Planning
- Sowa said that we should explore a family friendly petting zoo.
- McGowan asked about the baseball exhibition for 2017.
- Sowa Suggested that we should invite one of their members to a meeting to discuss logistics in setting up the exhibition.
- McGowan said that he knows someone who worked at the Naper Settlement and will try to obtain some ideas from them.
- Sabo working on demonstrators, Mr. Lincoln, candle making-Cathy Rehr, Wild Ones, Master Gardeners.
- Sabo said the following may not return in 2017, Arnie Bandstra, tomahawk thrower, bow maker and Civil War photographer.
- Sabo said that several vendors may not return such as the Indian handmade items and drums, chain saw carver.
- Sabo said she is working on several new vendors such as a basket maker, possible lead to a sheep shearer, bee keeper and woodworker.
- Sabo asked committee members to send leads and ideas to her.
- Sowa asked to consider how we will handle the food this year. \
- McGowan said that there were some long delays on the availability of pizza.
- Wojnowski mentioned the need to attract people to other areas of the farm.
- Robinson and Sabo said that Toasty Cheese was at Bengstons and recommended it.
- Wood Paddle was mentioned. O McGowan mentioned Lynnie Ques BBQ from Lansing.
- Discussion was brought up regarding the usage of food trucks.
- Food Trucks eliminate the cost of the large food tent.
- Sowa said the food trucks also provide their own electricity.
- Wojnowski discussed the need for pop-up tents, as three were destroyed this past year.
- Sabo said the emails are not getting through and wanted to know who will be sending her the applications.
b. 2017 Meeting Schedule
- Sowa discussed keeping the HHD meeting schedule for the fourth Thursday of the month, but will check to see if a 6:30PM start time will work for the committee members.
- Sowa discussed committee appointments.
10: Adjournment: 8:00PM
Motion to adjourn by Wojnowski, second by Sabo ALL-YES,
Organizations in this Story
14240 West 151st Street
Homer Glen, IL - 60491