Joliet Zoning Board of Appeals to hear requests for LED message centers
Joliet Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 20.
The Zoning Board of Appeals is responsible for hearing and deciding appeals to the interpretation of the zoning ordinances and requests for special exceptions to, or variations from the regulations of the Zoning Ordinance. The board also holds a public hearing and makes a recommendation to the City Council on petitions for variations of use. The Director of Planning is Secretary to the Zoning Board of Appeals, and petitions may be filed at the Planning Division office.
Here is the agenda as provided by Joliet:
CITY OF JOLIET
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
Thursday, October 20, 2016
City Hall, Council Chambers,
150 West Jefferson Street, Joliet, IL 60432
Chairman Ed Hennessy
Chairman Pro-Tem Denise Powers, Rebecca Darley, William Ferguson, Charles Graham, Elizabeth Nevarez, and Jim Riggs
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL:
3. NEW BUSINESS:
4. PETITION 2016-41: A Series of Variations to allow an LED message center on a new business sign and additional wall signage, located at 219 S. Larkin Avenue.
5. PETITION 2016-42: An Amendment to Special Use Permit # 2013-45 to allow customer truck repair parking in front of the business, located at 251 Republic Avenue.
6. PETITION 2016-43: A blanket Variation to allow a 4 inch reduction of the minimum side yard setback on all units according to the submitted schedule, located at the Northwest corner of McDonough and Des Plaines Street.
7. PETITION 2016-44: A Special Use Permit to allow a resale store for donated and recycled building materials, appliances and other household goods, located at 1395 N. Larkin Avenue.
8. PETITION 2016-45: A Special Use Permit and several variations to allow conversion of a two-unit residence, an R-3 (one and two-family residential) use, into a three-unit residence, an R-4 (multi-family residential) use, located in a B-1 (neighborhood business) district located at 408 E. Washington Street.
9. PETITION 2016-46: A Variation of allowable signage to permit the addition of a LED full-color message center on an existing freestanding sign, located at 561 E. Cass Street.
10. PETITION 2016-47: A Variation of a required side yard on a corner lot from 20 ft. to 14 ft. to allow installation of an in-ground pool and a Variation of the side yard from 20 ft. to 0 ft. to allow a 5 ft. high decorative aluminum fence, located at 601 Campbell Street.
11. PETITION 2016-48: A Special Use Permit to allow a truck servicing facility in an existing industrial building, located at 927 Gardner Street.
12. OLD BUSINESS:
13. PETITION 2016-18: A Variation of Use to allow an R-3 (one and two-family residential) use in an R-2 (single -family residential) district and a variation to allow two main buildings on one parcel (apartment above garage), located at 1207 Gould Avenue.
14. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Approval of the August 18, 2016 Zoning Board of Appeals minutes.
Organizations in this Story
150 West Jefferson Street
Joliet, IL - 60432