Lockport City Council votes on street reconstruction project
Lockport City Council met Wednesday, Aug. 17.
Here is the agenda as provided by Lockport:
CITY OF LOCKPORT CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2016 7:00 P.M. or at the conclusion of the Committee of the Whole Meeting
a. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
b. ROLL CALL:
d. AGENDA PARTICIPATION: (Any person who wishes to speak on a topic that is on the Agenda of the Meeting shall fill out a Speaker Card before the start of the Meeting, either at the City Clerk’s Office, or may give to the City Clerk before the start of the Meeting itself, stating name, and topic on the Agenda to be discussed. Speaker Cards are required for each of the items the Speaker wishes to address. The purpose of the Cards is to obtain the spelling of name of the Speaker, contact information, and provide for efficient meeting administration. All Speakers shall comply with these rules, which shall be posted at the Speaker Sign-In desk and rulings of the City Clerk. Speakers shall be called by name to approach the podium by the City Clerk. A time limit of five (5) minutes shall be imposed on each Speaker.)
e. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Regular City Council Meeting Minutes of August 3, 2016: Motion to approve the August 3, 2016 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes as presented.
2. Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes of August 3, 2016: Motion to approve the August 3, 2016 Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes as presented.
3. Payroll Period ending July 31, 2016: Motion to approve the Payroll Period ending July 31, 2016 as presented.
4. Approval of Various Bills: Motion to approve the Various Bills as presented.
5. PZC Case 2016-006: Final Development Plan for Building 6 & Final Subdivision Plat for Unit 7/Heritage Crossing Corporate Center: Motion to pass Resolution No. 16- 061/A Resolution approving Heritage Crossing Corporate Center Unit 7 Subdivision, being a Plat of Subdivision of the property generally located on the west side of Gougar Road at 147th Street (Lots 10,11,12,13,& 14) Motion to pass Ordinance No. 16-011/ An Ordinance approving Final Development Plans for property generally located on the west side of Gougar Road at 147th Street in the Heritage Crossing Corporate Center (Building 6). (Including Final Site Plan, Final Landscape Plan, Final Engineering Plans and Final Elevation Plans).
6. State Street Streetscape Improvements Construction documents with V3 for
coordination with the 2017-2018 IDOT Lane Improvement Project: Motion to enter into a Contract with V3 for construction documents for coordination with the 2017-2018
IDOT Lane Improvement Project between 7th Street and 10th Street with a cost not to exceed $97,775.00.
7. Extension of License Agreement for Metra Station – Midwest Soarring Foundation/
Resolution No. 16-058: Motion to pass Resolution No. 16-058/A Resolution approving an extension of a License Agreement for the Midwest Soarring Foundation in a portion of the Lockport Train Station.
8. 17th & Jefferson Street Reconstruction Project Recommendation for selection of Consultant/Resolution No. 16-059: Motion to pass Resolution No. 16-059/A Resolution authorizing the City Administrator to enter into an Agreement with DesignTek Engineering in the amount of $52,855.00.
f. APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES: (If not approved as a Consent Agenda Item)
g. APPROVAL OF PAYROLL: (If not approved as a Consent Agenda item)
h. MAYOR’S REPORT:
i. CITY CLERK’S REPORT:
j. STAFF REPORT:
1. CITY ADMINISTRATOR:
1. B. Benson & T. Thanas CA-1 Intergovernmental Lease Agreement for Memo 8/11/16 use of a portion of the Central Square Building by the Lockport Township Park District Resolution No. 16-064 Action: Motion to pass Resolution No.16-064/ A Resolution approving a Lease Agreement with the Lockport Township Park District for the Central Square Building.
Intergovernmental Lease Agreement for Use of a portion of the Central Square Building by the Lockport Township/ Resolution No. 16-065
Action: Motion to pass Resolution No. 16-065/ A Resolution approving a Lease Agreement with Lockport Township for the Central Square Building.
2. FINANCE DIRECTOR:
3. POLICE CHIEF:
4. CITY ATTORNEY:
1. Executive Session Request AT-1 2(c)11 – Litigation
5. DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT:
6. DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING:
7. DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC WORKS:
k. PERMANENT COMMITTEES;
1. PLAN & ZONING COMMISSION:
2. HERITAGE AND ARCHITECTURE:
l. NEW BUSINESS – MISCELLANEOUS
m. OPEN FLOOR FOR COMMENTS
(Comments will be heard on items that do not appear on the Agenda. The Public Comment portion of the Agenda shall be subject to a twenty (20) minutes limitation.
A time limit of five (5) minutes shall be imposed on each Speaker.
The purpose of having Public Comments as an Agenda Item is to allow any person to make his/her views known to the City Council upon any subject of general or public interest.
The Council recognizes that Public Comments are for the purpose of legitimate inquiries and discussion by the Public, and not for the purpose of advancing arguments or repetitious questions concerning matters which the Council believes to be closed or not of general public concern.
The Council shall have the right during this period to decline to hear any person or subject matter upon proper motion and majority vote by the Council.
Each person wishing to speak during the Public Comment portion of the Agenda must fill out a Public Comment Speaker Card stating name, and the topic about which he/she wishes to speak as well as a sign-in sheet, and give to the City Clerk at the Meeting itself.
The purpose of the Cards is to obtain the spelling of the name of the Speaker, contact information, and provide for efficient meeting administration.
The order of speaking shall be based upon the order of sign-in with first person signing-in speaking first and so forth. If the twenty (20) minutes has elapsed before all Speakers who have signed up are allowed to speak, the City Council may elect to continue the time period.
However, if the City Council elects not to extend the time period those Speakers who signed up but did not speak may if they so choose to be placed on the next Agenda under the Public Comments Section and shall be placed at the top of the Sign-In Sheet in the same order they were in from the previous Sign-In Sheet.
All Speakers shall comply with these rules which shall be posted at the Speaker Sign-In desk and rulings of the City Clerk. )
OPEN MEETINGS EXEMPTIONS
2(c)(1) - Appointments, Employment, Compensation, Discipline, Performance, or Dismissal of specific Employees. 2(c)(2)- Collective Bargaining Matters. 2(c)(3)- Selection of a person to fill a Public Office, including a vacancy in a Public Office. 2(c)(5)- Purchase or Lease of real property, including meetings held for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired. 2(c)(6)- The setting of a price for Sale or Lease of property owned by the public body. 2(c)(11)- Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting. 2(c)(21)- Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under this Act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi- annual review of the minutes as mandated by Section 2.06.