Joliet Zoning Board of Appeals to consider a LED message center on new business sign
Joliet Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 15.
The Zoning Board of Appeals is responsible for hearing and deciding appeals to the interpretation of the zoning ordinances and requests for special exceptions to, or variations from the regulations of the Zoning Ordinance. The board also holds a public hearing and makes a recommendation to the City Council on petitions for variations of use.
Here is the agenda as provided by Joliet:
CITY OF JOLIET
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
Thursday, September 15, 2016
City Hall, Council Chambers,
150 West Jefferson Street, Joliet, IL 60432
Chairman Ed Hennessy
Chairman Pro-Tem Denise Powers, Rebecca Darley, William Ferguson, Charles Graham, Elizabeth Nevarez, and Jim Riggs
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL:
3. NEW BUSINESS:
4. PETITION 2016-41: A Series of Variations to allow an LED message center on a new business sign and additional wall signage, located at 219 S. Larkin Avenue.
5. PETITION 2016-42: An Amendment to Special Use Permit # 2013-45 to allow customer truck repair parking in front of the business, located at 251 Republic Avenue.
6. PETITION 2016-43: A blanket Variation to allow a 4“ reduction of the minimum side yard setback on all units according to the submitted schedule, located at the Northwest corner of McDonough and Des Plaines Street.
7. OLD BUSINESS:
8. PETITION 2016-18: A Variation of Use to allow an R-3 (one and two-family residential) use in an R-2 (single -family residential) district and a variation to allow two main buildings on one parcel (apartment above garage), located at 1207 Gould Avenue.
9. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Approval of the August 18, 2016 Zoning Board of Appeals minutes.