Lemont Board authorizes installation of equipment in police vehicles
The village of Lemont Board met July 25 to authorize the installation of emergency equipment in police vehicles.
Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the board:
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING
Village Hall – 418 Main Street
July 25, 2016
The regular meeting of the Lemont Village Board was held on Monday, July 25, 2016 at 7:00 p.m., with Mayor Brian
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
II. ROLL CALL: Sniegowski, Stapleton, Virgilio, Blatzer, Chialdikas Miklos; present.
III. CONSENT AGENDA
Motion by Blatzer, seconded by Sniegowski, to approve the following items on the consent agenda by
1. Approval of Minutes
1. July 11, 2016 Village Board Meeting Minutes
2. July 18, 2016 Village Board COW Meeting Minutes
2. Approval of Disbursements.
3. Resolution R-44-16 Authorizing the Order, Removal and Installation of Emergency Equipment
for Police Vehicles.
4. Resolution R-45-16 Approving Rescinding Resolution R-5-16 and Reauthorizing a Loan from
the Water/Sewer Fund to Gateway Property Acquisition Fund and the Gateway TIF Fund.
Roll Call: Sniegowski, Stapleton, Virgilio, Blatzer, Chialdikas Miklos; 6 ayes. Motion passed.
IV. MAYOR’S REPORT
1. Proclamation – LHS IHSA Class 3A Baseball State Champions. Motion by Chialdikas, seconded
by Miklos, to approve said Proclamation. VV 6 ayes. Motion passed.
2. Audience Participation – None.
V. Clerk’s Report
1. Correspondence – Clerk Smollen attended the Illinois Municipal Clerks summer seminar on
July 14 & 15.
1. The Ordinance Approving the Real Estate Purchase and Sales Contract for 318-320 Canal
Street was removed from the agenda.
Page 2 of 2
VI. Village Attorney Report
VII. Village Administrator Report – Electronic recycling items are being accepted at Lockport Public Works
on Tuesday’s and Friday’s from 6-11a.m.
VIII. Board Reports
IX. Staff Reports
1. Public Works – McCarthy Street construction began today. Sewer cleaning project will
begin this week as well.
2. Police Dept. – National Speed Awareness Day is on August 27. Extra officers will be on
hand that day in town.
X. Unfinished Business
XI. New Business
XII. Motion for Executive Session
Motion by Blatzer, seconded by Stapleton, to move into Executive Session(s) for the purpose of
discussing under Chapter 5 ILCS, Pending Litigation or Probable or Imminent Litigation – Section
2(c)11 and Employment of an Employee Under Section 2(c)1 of the Open Meetings Act. Roll Call:
Sniegowski, Stapleton, Virgilio, Blatzer, Chialdikas, Miklos; 6 ayes. Motion passed.
XIII. Action on Closed Session Item – None
XIV. Motion to Adjourn
There being no further business, a motion was made by Blatzer, seconded by Sniegowski, to adjourn
the meeting at 9:00 p.m. VV 6 ayes. Motion passed.