Joliet Zoning Board of Appeals to consider a variation to allow a full-color message board
Joliet Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 2 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 18.
The Zoning Board of Appeals is responsible for hearing and deciding appeals to the interpretation of the zoning ordinances and requests for special exceptions to, or variations from the regulations of the Zoning Ordinance. The board also holds a public hearing and makes a recommendation to the City Council on petitions for variations of use.
Here is the agenda as provided by Joliet:
CITY OF JOLIET
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
Thursday, August 18, 2016
City Hall, Council Chambers,
150 West Jefferson Street, Joliet, IL 60432
Chairman Ed Hennessy
Chairman Pro-Tem Denise Powers, Rebecca Darley, William Ferguson, Charles Graham, Elizabeth Nevarez, and Jim Riggs
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL:
3. NEW BUSINESS:
4. PETITION 2016-38: A Variation of a required front yard setback from 30 ft. to 29.86 ft., to allow continuation of a single family residence, located at 1701 Seward Road.
5. PETITION 2016-39: A Variation to allow the addition of a 32 sq. ft., full-color message center to an existing freestanding ground sign, located at 2625 Ingalls Avenue.
6. PETITION 2016-40: A Variation to allow two main buildings on one lot in order to allow construction of a 3,318 sq. ft. retail building, located at 1442 N. Larkin Avenue (Northridge Plaza).
7. PETITION 2016-41: A Variation to allow a LED message center on a new business sign, located at 219 S. Larkin Avenue.
8. OLD BUSINESS:
9. PETITION 2016-18: A Variation of Use to allow an R-3 (one and two-family residential) use in an R-2 (single -family residential) district and a variation to allow two main buildings on one parcel (apartment above garage), located at 1207 Gould Avenue.
10. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: APPROVAL OF THE July 21, 2016 ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS MINUTES.
This meeting will be held in an accessible location. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Christa M. Desiderio, City Clerk, 150 West Jefferson Street, Joliet, Illinois 60432 at (815) 724-3780.