Joliet City Council to review 2016 Electrical Maintenance Assistance Contract
Joliet City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 5.
Joliet is a home-rule city with a council-manager form of government. All matters of local policy and legislation are determined by the council with the mayor presiding.
Here is the agenda as provided by Joliet:
CITY OF JOLIET
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL
Tuesday, July 5, 2016
City Hall, Council Chambers,
150 West Jefferson Street, Joliet, IL 60432
MAYOR BOB O’DEKIRK
MAYOR PRO-TEM COUNCILMAN TERRY MORRIS (07/01/2016 - 09/30/2016)
COUNCILMAN JIM MCFARLAND
COUNCILWOMAN BETTYE GAVIN
COUNCILMAN JOHN E. GERL
COUNCILMAN LARRY E. HUG
COUNCILMAN PAT MUDRON
COUNCILWOMAN JAN HALLUMS QUILLMAN
COUNCILMAN MICHAEL F. TURK
City Manager James D. Hock, Corporation Counsel Martin J. Shanahan, Jr.
City Clerk Christa M. Desiderio
INVOCATION: Pastor Deon Hayes, One Vision Worship Center, 2701 W. Jefferson Street
PLEDGE TO THE FLAG:
I. ROLL CALL:
A. Mayor O’Dekirk – Appointments
III. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD ON AGENDA ITEMS:
IV. APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
V. COUNCIL COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Public Service
VI. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approval of Minutes
1. Pre-Council Meeting – June 20, 2016
2. Regular Meeting – June 21, 2016
B. COUNCIL MEMO #306-16: Regular Payroll for May 13 – May 26, 2016 – $3,325,283.53
C. COUNCIL MEMO #307-16: Regular Payroll for May 27 – June 9, 2016 – $3,200,051.74
VII. LICENSES AND PERMIT APPLICATIONS:
A. COUNCIL MEMO #309-16: Application for Drive Thru Permit for First Midwest Bank at 212 N. Chicago Street
VIII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
IX. ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS:
1. COUNCIL MEMO #311-16: Ordinance Approving a Preliminary Planned Unit Development for Tallgrass Estates Subdivision (PUD-3-16)
2. COUNCIL MEMO #312-16: Ordinance Approving a Recording Plat of Joliet Logistics Park Subdivision, Phase 1A (RP-5-16)
3. COUNCIL MEMO #313-16: Ordinance Approving a Special Use Permit to Allow a Restaurant, a B-3 (General Business) Use in an I-2 (General Industrial) District, Located at 328 McDonough Street (PETITION 2016-31)
1. COUNCIL MEMO #315-16: Resolution Appropriating Additional Funds for the Mayfield Avenue / Taylor Street Roadway Improvements Project 2015 – MFT Section No. 14-00482-00-FP
2. COUNCIL MEMO #316-16: Resolution Approving a Grant of Easement to NICOR
X. BIDS AND CONTRACTS:
A. AWARD OF CONTRACTS:
1. COUNCIL MEMO #318-16: Request for Authorization to Award a Price Agreement for the 2016 Electrical Maintenance Assistance Contract
2. COUNCIL MEMO #319-16: Request to Award a Contract for Design and Project Management for Rehabilitation of the Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park Fountain to Hitchcock Design Group
B. AMENDMENTS, CHANGE ORDERS AND PAYMENTS:
1. COUNCIL MEMO #321-16: Request for Authorization to Approve Change Order No. 1 and Payment Request No. 13 and Final for the 2014 Electrical Maintenance Assistance Contract
2. COUNCIL MEMO #322-16: Request for Authorization to Approve Change Order No. 1 for the Laraway Road (East of Illinois Route 53 - Rowell Avenue) Roadway Improvements Project - 2015
3. COUNCIL MEMO #323-16: Request for Authorization to Approve Change Order No. 3 and Payment Request No. 5 for the Mayfield Avenue / Taylor Street Roadway Improvement Project - 2015 MFT Section No. 14-00482-00-FP
XI. CITY MANAGER:
XII. NEW BUSINESS (Not For Final Action Or Recommendation):
XIII. PUBLIC COMMENTS:
XIV. MAYOR AND COUNCIL COMMENTS:
XV. CLOSED SESSION to discuss the following subjects:
Personnel: The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific City employees (5 ILCS 5/120/2(c)(1)).
Collective Bargaining: Collective negotiating matters and salary schedules for one or more classes of City employees (5 ILCS 5/120/2(c)(2)).
Land Acquisition or Conveyance: The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the City, including whether a particular parcel should be acquired, or the setting of a price for the sale or lease of property owned by the City (5 ILCS 5/120/2(c)(5,6)).
Pending or Threatened Litigation: A pending legal action against, affecting or on behalf of the City or a similar legal action that is probable or imminent (5 ILCS 5/120/2(c)(11)).
This meeting will be held in an accessible location. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Christa M. Desiderio, City Clerk, 150 West Jefferson Street, Joliet, Illinois 60432 at (815) 724-3780. Live, online streaming of Regular City Council and Pre-Council meetings is now available at www.cityofjoliet.info. Videos and agenda packets can be accessed by clicking on the Meetings & Agendas link at the center of the home page for "Joliet City Council E-Agenda & Streaming Video." The new page includes archived footage and interactive agendas available for the public to view at their convenience.