Lockport Committee of the Whole to review ordinance on smoke shops
Lockport Committee of the Whole will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 6.
The Lockport Committee of the Whole meets at 7 p.m. on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Central Square Building, 222 E. 9th St.
Here is the agenda as provided by Lockport:
CITY OF LOCKPORT
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING
WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2016 7:30 P.M.
a. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
b. ROLL CALL:
d. ITEMS RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AT NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING:
e. SHOP LOCKPORT - BUSINESS SPOTLIGHT:
f. MAYOR’S REPORT:
1. M-1 Liaisons Report - (Verbal)
g. CITY CLERK’S REPORT:
1. CC-1 Resolution No. 16-047
h. PERMANENT COMMITEES:
1. Plan & Zoning Commission:
1. PZ-1 P. Hirth Memo 6/29/16 - Case 2016-002TA Text Amendments to the Zoning Ordinance - Section 156.003 Definitions; Section 156.074(A) Permitted Use Table - All Districts, except C-4; and Section 156.074(B) Permitted Use Table for C-4 Downtown Commercial RE: Tobacco/Head/Smoke Shops (including E-Cigs/Vape Shops)
2. Heritage & Architecture Commission:
i. STAFF REPORT:
1. City Administrator:
1. CA-1 B. Benson Memo 6/28/16 - 929 S. State Street, Vacant Lot, Broker Agreement, and Sale Contract
2. CA-2 L. Heglund, B. Benson, T. Thanas Memo 6/30/16 - Prevailing Wage Act Ordinance/Ordinance No. 16-008
2. Administrative Assistant:
3. Finance Director:
1. FD-1 L. Heglund, B. Benson Memo 6/24/16 - Commuter Lot Payment Automation
4. Police Chief:
5. City Attorney:
6. Director of Community & Economic Development:
1. CED-1 P. Hirth Memo 6/30/16 - Municipal Code Text Amendments - Chapter 134: Regulated Substances Section RE: Comprehensive Regulation of Tobacco Products to include Alternative Nicotine Products/Shops and Vapor Products/Shops.
7. Director of Engineering:
1. ED-1 A. Wagner Memo 6/27/16 - 7th & Washington Street (East) Reconstruction Project Recommendation for Selection of Consultant/Resolution No. 16-048
2. ED-2 A. Wagner Memo 6/28/16 - Well 14 Re-drilling & Iron Filtration Amendments to Task Orders 13-031 & 15-06/Resolution No. 16-051 & Resolution No. 16-052
8. Director of Public Works:
1. PW-1 J. Findlay Memo 6/29/16 - Disposal of Surplus Vehicle/Street Dept. #105/Resolution No. 16-049
2. PW-2 J. Findlay Memo 6/30/16 - Annual Landscape Maintenance for Lincoln Landing/Resolution No. 16-053
9. NEW BUSINESS - MISCELLANEOUS:
j. OPEN FLOOR FOR COMMENTS: (Comments will be heard on items that do not appear on the Agenda. The Public Comment portion of the Agenda shall be subject to a twenty (20) minute limitation. A time limit of five (5) minutes shall be imposed on each Speaker. The purpose of having Public Comments as an Agenda item is to allow any person to make his/her views known to the City Council upon any subject of general or public interest. The Council recognizes that Public Comments are for the purpose of legitimate inquiries and discussion by the Public, and not for the purpose of advancing arguments or repetitious questions concerning matters which the Council believes to be closed or not of general public concern. The Council shall have the right during this period to decline to hear any person or subject matter upon proper motion and majority vote by the Council. Each person wishing to speak during the Public Comment portion of the Agenda must fill out a Public Comment Speaker Card stating name, and the topic about which he/she wishes to speak as well as a Sign-In Sheet, and give to the City Clerk at the Meeting itself. The purpose of the Cards is to obtain the spelling of the name of the Speaker, and provide for efficient meeting administration. The order of speaking shall be based upon the order of Sign-In with first person signing-in speaking first and so forth. If the twenty (20) minutes has elapsed before all Speakers who have signed up are allowed to speak, the City Council may elect to continue the time period. However, if the City Council elects not to extend the time period those Speakers who signed up but did not speak may if they so choose to be placed on the next Agenda under the Public Comments Section and shall be placed at the top of the Sign-In Sheet in the same order they were in from the previous Sign-In Sheet. All Speakers shall comply with these rules which shall be posted at the Speaker Sign-in desk and rulings of the City Clerk.)
OPEN MEETINGS EXEMPTIONS
2(c)(1) Appointments, Employment, Compensation, Discipline, Performance or Dismissal of specific Employees.
2(c)(2) Collective Bargaining Matters.
2(c)(3) Selection of a person to fill a Public Office, including a vacancy in a Public Office.
2(c)(5) Purchase or Lease of real property, including meetings held for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.
2(c)(6) The setting of a price for Sale or Lease of property owned by the public body.
2(c)(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting
2(c)(21) Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under this Act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes as mandated by Section 2.06.