Joliet Zoning Board of Appeals to review business petitions
The Joliet Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 2 p.m. Thursday, June 16.
Joliet Zoning Board of Appeals is located at 150 W. Jefferson St., Joliet.
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by the Joliet City Council:
CITY OF JOLIET
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
Thursday, June 16, 2016
City Hall, Council Chambers,
150 West Jefferson Street, Joliet, IL 60432
Chairman Ed Hennessy
Chairman Pro-Tem Denise Powers, Rebecca Darley, William Ferguson, Charles Graham, Elizabeth Nevarez, and Jim Riggs
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL:
3. NEW BUSINESS:
4. PETITION 2016-27: A Variation of minimum lot coverage from 30% to 34% to allow construction of a 20’ x 25’, 1 ½ story rear addition, located at 2602 Richmond Street.
5. PETITION 2016-28: A Special Use Permit to allow a temporary staffing agency, located at 2947 W. Jefferson Street.
6. PETITION 2016-29: A Variation of the required front yard setback for a detached garage from 60’ to 43’ and a variation to allow a garage not located to the rear of the main dwelling, located at 1501 N. Center Street.
7. PETITION 2016-30: A Variation of a required sign setback from 10’ to 5’ and a variation to allow installation of a 32 sq. ft., L.E.D. electronic message board on the existing freestanding sign, located at 1136 Plainfield Road.
8. PETITION 2016-31: A Special Use Permit to allow a restaurant, a B-3 (general business) use in an I-2 (general industrial) district, located at 328 McDonough Street.
9. PETITION 2016-32: A Variation of maximum lot coverage from 30% to 35% to allow a 14’ x 25.8’ addition on the west side of a duplex, located at 1439 Tiger Lily Lane.
10. PETITION 2016-33: A Special Use Permit to allow approval of a proposed trucking terminal, located at the Northeast corner of Laraway Road and Route 52 (East parcel).
11. OLD BUSINESS:
12. PETITION 2016-15: A Special Use Permit to allow approval of a proposed trucking terminal, located at the Northeast corner of Laraway Road and Rt. 52.
13. PETITION 2016-18: A Variation of Use to allow an R-3 (one and two-family residential) use in an R-2 (single -family residential) district and a variation to allow two main buildings on one parcel (apartment above garage), located at 1207 Gould Avenue.
14. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: APPROVAL OF THE May 19, 2016 ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS MINUTES.
This meeting will be held in an accessible location. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Christa M. Desiderio, City Clerk, 150 West Jefferson Street, Joliet, Illinois 60432 at (815) 724-3780.