Village of Monee Board of Trustees met April 12.
Village of Monee Board of Trustees met April 12.
Here is the minutes provided by the
A. Call to Order by Mayor Farquhar at 6:34pm.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America
D. Roll Call-Village Clerk Haser called the roll. Present; Trustees Gonzalez, Gray, Holston, Horne, Popp and Raczek
(0). Absent; (O). Also present, Attorney Gryczewski, Police Chief Koerner, Finance Director Bulliner, Superintendent Kruzel, Director of Business Development Kevin Daly, Treasurer Norb Snow and guests (see list).
E. Open to the Public: No takers.
F. Consent Agenda-Mayor Farquhar requested a motion to approve The Consent Agenda. Gray moved and Popp
Seconded. Holston requested discussion regarding payment to a taxing body (Fire District). Discussion followed. Attorney Gryczewski confirmed TIF funds were used. Roll call vote: Ayes; Raczek, Gray, Holston, Horne, Popp, and Gonzalez (6). Nays; (O) Motion carried to approve The Consent Agenda as posted.
Item(s) removed from The Consent Agenda-none.
G. Clerk's Report-no report.
H. Mayor's Report
1. 2017-2018 Budget-Mayor Farquhar announced the prepared balanced budget ready for vote, but deferred to the newly elect for approval under their administration.
2. Discussion/Approval to move the April 26 Village Board Mtg. to Monday April 24, 2017.-Mayor Farquhar addressed the Conflict of Scheduling following which discussion ensued. Mayor Farquhar then requested a motion to approve the scheduling change. Holston moved and Raczek seconded. Roll call vote: Ayes; Raczek, Gray, Holston, Horne, Popp, and Gonzalez (6). Nays; (O) Motion carried to approve the scheduling change for the next Regular Board Meeting from Wednesday April 26 to Monday April 24.
3. Discussion/Approval of a Proposal Re: 25646 GovernorS Hwy. - Mayor Farquhar presented an overview of the vacant building which is proposed to change hands for redevelopment. Don Peelman was invited to provide more details as was client Dr. Scheetz. It was presented that no gaming would be requested but additional usages were discussed in addition to the chiropractic practice. Mayor Farquhar read a statement prepared by Director Bulliner including TIF participation not to exceed 45% of the project. Holston interjected his objection to his perception of public negotiation and stated that TIF 5 is not yet funded limiting action. This item thus passing to Subsequent meetings/discussion.
I. Administrator's Report-no report.
Jay Farquhar, Mayor
J. Officials' Report
1. Public Works - Egyptian Trail, water main breaks and yard wastestickers were mentioned.
2. Parks & Recreation - a reminder of The Easter Egg Hunt was offered.
3. Finance - Balanced Budget was mentioned and reminded trustees to review if they have not yet.
4. BusineSS Development - a map was displayed for potential priority change regarding work on the I-57 interchange based upon "The Amazon Effect".
5. Building Services-repeated details for Amazon, Eagle Faire and DG Were offered.
6. Public Safety - a police incident and traffic updates were read.
K. Attorney's Report-no report.
L. Old Business-Holston Segued the police incident and The Renters Ordinance. Additionally it was verbalized that on-line posting of the incident potentially jeopardizes the safety of the responders. Thanking Holston for his Safety observation, Mayor Farquhar answered question of implementation stating the Village Sticker renewal Would help provide a platform for both stickers and renter background information.
M. NeW BuSineSS
N. Open to Public: Treasurer and Golf Vista resident Norb Snow addressed The Mayor and The Board thanking The Mayor for his direction and for his sponsoring state legislation addressing the issues of rent in Golf Vista and areas similar. Mayor Farquhar expanded. Following which Syd Dresback additionally addressed the same legislation following which he provided a Summary of early voting executed successfully by Golf Vista Volunteers. Scott Youdris followed with mention of citizen concern for a potential stop sign at Orchard Trail and Apple Blossom. Mayor Farquhar asked Superintendent to look into the request.
O. Executive Session-Mayor Farquhar Stated reasons for Executive Session and requested a motion to adjourn into Executive Session. Raczek entertained that motion and Holston seconded. Roll call vote: Ayes; Raczek, Gray, Holston, Horne, Popp, and Gonzalez (6). Nays; (O) Motion carried to move to Executive Session at 7:32 pm.
Upon return from Executive Session, Mayor Farquhar requested a roll call to reconvene The Regular Board Meeting. Roll call vote: Ayes; Gonzalez, Gray, Holston, Horne, Popp and Raczek (6). Nays; (O). The Regular Board Meeting reconvenes at 8:03 pm.
P. Action Regarding Executive Session issues-none.
Adjournment - With no further business at hand Mayor Farquhar requested a motion to adjourn. Gonzalez moved and Raczek Seconded. Roll call vote: Ayes; Gonzalez, Gray, Holston, Horne, Popp and Raczek (6). Nays; (O). The Regular Board Meeting adjourns also at 8:03 pm.
Organizations in this Story
5130 W Court St
Monee, IL 60449-8006